[higgins-dev] RCP Selector as part of Higgins 1.1

Title: RCP Selector as part of Higgins 1.1
Hi Tie,

We’re trying to figure out if the RCP Selector should be included as part of Higgins 1.1 or not. As we all know the RCP Selector is part of Higgins 1.0 and as such anyone can go to [1] or to here [2] and see the link to here [3] “RCP Selector 1.0”

In your opinion should we (a) drop it the RCP Selector from Higgins 1.1 or (b) include it in Higgins 1.1?

Choosing (a) would mean:
  • leaving [3] alone and remove the link to [3] from [1] and [2] [Mary and I can do this]
  • [and you don’t have to do anything at all]
Choosing (b) would mean:
  • you would have to make sure that the RCP Selector builds with all the latest Higgins components
  • you would have to create a “1.1” version of the [3] page and tweak the build instructions to use the Higgins 1.1 version of components

Choosing (a) is no work for you at all. Choosing (b) is likely to be a few of hours of effort, but also implies that it is a “supported” solution and thus folks may well be asking questions about it after Higgins 1.1 is released.

Your thoughts?

--Paul

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/higgins/Client-Overview-1.1.php
[2] http://www.eclipse.org/higgins/