Mary,

The OpenID support that we’re talking about here would be implemented in the browser extensions (e.g. In _javascript_, etc) so we’re not talking about Dick’s OpenID4Java library. I think we’d look to either write it ourselves from scratch or try to leverage the new IDIB group’s code if/when they write some and presuming that their IPR is clean. But maybe there are other options that I don’t know about.

-Paul

On 8/8/08 3:58 PM, "Mary Ruddy" <mary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In anticipation of doing implementation work in Higgins and to facilitate other Higgins efforts that involve OpenID, we need to restart the process of getting approval to use OpenID in Higgins.

Previously we began the process to get approval of Dick Hardt's java version of OpenID, and got Dick's approval.   What OpenID implementation(s) are people currently working with and what implementation do they recommend we get approved?

From: higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Anthony Nadalin
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2008 12:33 PM
To: Higgins (Trust Framework) Project developer discussions
Cc: higgins-dev; higgins-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [higgins-dev] OpenID Identity in the browser project launched

What I'm saying is that the specification for a browser identity selector framework be done in an SDO, seems that OIDF has the IPR to do this, and I'm sure that folks from Higgins could contribute to that effort. I assume that once the specification is done then there would be an open source implementation and Higgins may be the place where the framework is done and maybe the providers also

Paul Trevithick ---08/08/2008 11:00:55 AM---Interesting. Are you thinking that the Higgins Selector Selector API design/spex be contributed into the OpenID effort?

Re: [higgins-dev] OpenID Identity in the  browser project launched

Interesting. Are you thinking that the Higgins Selector Selector API design/spex be contributed into the OpenID effort?