Re: [higgins-dev] OpenID Identity in the browser project launched

Title: Re: [higgins-dev] OpenID Identity in the browser project launched
Eric,

I hear you. Higgins is one of the very few (perhaps the only? dunno) open source project in the identity space that doesn’t play protocol favorites. Our ambition is to make all this stuff work in a simple way for the user irrespective of “how” it works under the hood. So we’ll implement anything based on open specs that has market traction.

-An optimist

On 8/8/08 12:27 PM, "Eric Norman" <ejnorman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Aug 8, 2008, at 10:59 AM, Paul Trevithick wrote:

> Interesting. Are you thinking that the Higgins Selector Selector API
> design/spex be contributed into the OpenID effort?
>

>  On 8/8/08 10:57 AM, "Anthony Nadalin" <drsecure@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> In my discussions with these folks over the past weeks, I have
>> suggested that the IPR be done in OpenID (the specification for a
>> identity selector framework) and the open source go to a relevant
>> open source body for the OpenID selector, but I would say that the
>> identity selector framework for that could be here in Higgins.

I certainly think that anything that would enhance collaboration
and cooperation among the sundry efforts would be a good thing to
do.  Cynically speaking, though, I also think that there will be
a difficult "not invented here" problem to surmount.

Eric Norman