Re: [higgins-dev] Requirements for Deployments

Thanks Johnny and Ben, I carved out this wiki page to track these requirements and to talk about how to meet them.  To me, this section is the most interesting.

I think each component's build.xml needs to be capable of fetching each project it depends on (and ensure that the version is correct). I can see in my head how to do this, but I haven't done any actual work yet.  I know the people doing auto builds have some very similar requirements.  But where the autobuild model calls for a sort of "master file" of projects to build, I'd rather a deployment only need to specify it's direct dependencies and have everything just recurse from there.  However, it would be nice to re-use the singular resourceLocation.xml

Jim

On 10/12/07, Jim Sermersheim <jimse@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> yeah, it would be good if a developer could get, install, configure, run and maybe not have to re-do all that in a different way in order to start doing 'development' stuff

Its fairly acceptable for the development and deployment setups to

look different. Its good if you can have them both installed without

shooting yourself in the foot, though.

I think your audience summary is fairly spot on (there will also be

packagers, but I think you can count them as developers).