[higgins-dev] Requirements for Deployments

Before making much noise about our deployments pages, we ought to make them usable.  I think there are two target audiences for many of the deployments.  Here's a stab at describing them:

== Deployers ==
These people would like the easiest method of downloading something, configuring it, and running it. Furthermore. they:

# would probably rather not deal with running a make.
# probably don't want to deal with searching the world for jar files.
# are not interested in source code or (re)building the project.
# may or may not have Eclipse installed

== Developers ==
These people are made up of developers and those who prefer to learn by digging into the code and perhaps tweaking it.  Developers may want to change existing code or wish to write 'providers' or 'handlers' for some of the components that offer that ability. Furthermore, they:

# probably don't want to deal with searching the world for jar files.
# may have Eclipse installed and want to use the IDE. If so,
## probably want an easy way to get all dependency projects
# may not have Eclipse installed, and/or want to use some external way of developing. If so,
## may want to get dependency projects
### this should be fairly easy to do, not requiring them to hunt around for information
## may want to only get dependency binaries (no code for dependencies)

Back to the top