Re: [higgins-dev] IdAS out-of-sync issues

Some comments on the differences:

1) Repository missing IdASRegistry (we just haven't coded this yet)
I have an implementation of most of this, which I can't yet contribute. It would be a good idea to create a class with empty methods, just for documentation purposes.
4) Repository: IContext extends IHasRelationships<URI>. Doc: IContext extends IHasRelationships<IContext>
This is fine -- it forces the consumer to create and open a related Context if she wants to use it. However, the subject relationship currently uses IDigitalSubject, rather than some sort of reference (as Jim already pointed out). Do we need to create a SubjectRef that contains a ContextRef and a CUID? This would protect the DigitalSubject by forcing access through an open Context.
9) Repository: IMetadataItem.createMetadataItem missing from Doc.
Do you mean IMetadata.createMetadataItem?
11) Repository: IHasMetadata is completely different from Doc.
Yep, that was just fuzzy thinking on my part. Why do we need IHasMetadata.setMetadata? We don't have a similar method to replace all of a subject's attributes, for instance. Also, there's asymmetry between IHasRelationships (which provides methods to manipulate the list of relationships) and IHasMetadata (which treats the Metadata list as a unit). Is that what we want?

...Greg

Back to the top