Re: [higgins-dev] [IdAS] new methods doc

Question on IContextFactory.isOpenable(contextRef, identity)

I remember having the discussion where we thought it would be good to allow the identity to be passed to a function which tests whether a context is currently open with a specified identity. I don't remember us talking about passing the identity to isOpenable here though.

Actually, with the changes, I expected this method to be called isCreatable(contextRef). Since the role of opening is on IContext now, the factory can't know whether it's openable given a specified identity.

Jim

>>> Greg Byrd <gbyrd@xxxxxxxx> 7/27/06 3:33 PM >>>

I modified the list of IdAS methods (Working Draft 0.4) and uploaded it
to the IdAS wiki page.  I will continue to make edits to the page over
the next few days.  I believe this incorporates today's discussion, as
well as other smaller changes to the API from the last few weeks.  As
always, feel free to question and critique.

http://spwiki.editme.com/IdentityAttributeService

...Greg