[higgins-dev] IdAS out-of-sync issues

Here's what's out of sync between the word doc at http://spwiki.editme.com/files/IdentityAttributeService/idas-methods-0727.doc and the checked-in interfaces:

1) Repository missing IdASRegistry (we just haven't coded this yet)
2) Repository: IContextFactory.canCreate(contextRef) is like (but different from) Doc: IContextFactory.isOpenable(contextRef, identity)
3) Repository: IContextFactory.getName() missing from Doc.
4) Repository: IContext extends IHasRelationships<URI>. Doc: IContext extends IHasRelationships<IContext>
5) Repository: IContext.isOpen missing from Doc.
6) Repository: IContext.createRelationship(type) inherits from IHasRelationship. Doc: IContext.createRelationship(type) does not.
7) Repository: IDigitalSubject.getType() returns String. Doc IDigitalSubject.getType() returns URI.
8) Repository: IDigitalSubject.getAttribute(URI attrID) missing from Doc.
9) Repository: IMetadataItem.createMetadataItem missing from Doc.
10) Repository: IHasRelationships.createRelationship missing from Doc (See 6)
11) Repository: IHasMetadata is completely different from Doc.

Earlier today, Tom was trying to implement to the word doc, This will be problematic if we don't either: a) keep the doc tightly in sync with the repository, b) use the repository as the authoritative source.

Do we need something like the word doc because it's easier to quickly update than the Java interfaces, or because it's more readable than the Javadoc?  If it's the latter, we can look around for a Javadoc emitter that produces something similar to the word doc. If it's the former, We should probably stop updating the interfaces ahead of the word doc to prevent having two diverging interfaces. Actually, I dislike that suggestion. I don't want to edit the word doc, then edit the code and javadoc to match it, ugh!

Back to the top