Re: [gyrex-dev] dealing with modularization...

Am 29.11.2012 14:38, schrieb Cristiano Gavião:
Humm, I think that I understood now. I will create one application for a
JBPM server to test it.

Does that run on it's own port?

Btw, if you don't use app pattern for business applications, how do you
deal with multi-tenant business applications that needs different
behavior per tenant? using only Roles plus bundles?

It's tailored around a context that can be used programmatically and for dependency injection and is integrated with things like web applications and jobs.

So, you don't actually register a web application but an application provider. The reason is that you bind instances to URLs. When a request comes in, the URL is used to identify the context (the "tenant") and the application. The provider is used to actually create the instance (with all its servlets, etc.).

do you have any paper about multi-tenant setup?

Did you see this one:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Gyrex/Context_Runtime

I'm asking because in future I would deal with roles using Configuration
Manager service instead Equinox Extension Registry

That should be possible. I filed a bug already to investigate other options than the extension registry.

very interesting !! I would like to try asap :D
could you point me to any paper explaining how to setup this?

I'm not sure it's covered in this screencast:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Gyrex/Learning_Material/ClusterTutorial

Just go to the Admin Console.
- add a software repo
- create a new package
- add the IUs to the package
- provision the package
- wait or type "sw update" in the console of a node to invoke the check immediately

HTH,
Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht