Re: [gyrex-dev] jetty bundles ?

On 29/11/12 16:30, Gunnar Wagenknecht wrote:
Am 29.11.2012 06:55, schrieb Cristiano Gavião:
I could note that Gyrex web dependencies feature doesn't includes
org.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty bundle. is this bundle not need to
activate osgi http service anymore ?

The Equinox HttpService is delivered by:
  org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet

That equinox.http.jetty bundle just starts an embedded Jetty to register the Equinox HttpService with. Because we include Jetty already we just wire it to a default Http application.

well, we used to use it in our vaadin6-osgi wrapper. the good point is that we must rewrite it for vaadin7.

what is the way to deploy a web application in gyrex?

So the HttpService is there for OSGi purists/compatibility. However, it doesn't support multi-tenancy. Every servlet shares the same session.

I'd go with writing your own web application provider and your own application type.

For example, here is how to create an application that provides only a rest api.
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Gyrex/Learning_Material/Develop_JAX-RS

There is also an example which registers a custom application consisting of servlets.

http://git.eclipse.org/c/gyrex/examples/gyrex-hello-cloud.git/tree/hello.cloud/src/hello/cloud/application/ApplicationComponent.java http://git.eclipse.org/c/gyrex/examples/gyrex-hello-cloud.git/tree/hello.cloud/OSGI-INF/application.xml http://git.eclipse.org/c/gyrex/examples/gyrex-hello-cloud.git/tree/hello.cloud/src/hello/cloud/application/HelloCloudApplication.java

ok, will take a look...

btw, I could not see javax.servlet.jsp either...

We don't do JSP anymore. Just rest apis. Frontends are then build either in PHP or in HTML+JavaScript talking directly to the APIs.

But it certainly is possible to integrate JSP using a custom application type.
we use Apache Shiro and it depends on this bundle. I include this dependency in my p2 deps...

it is another thing that I would like to ask you. where do you suggest I could setup a filter for Shiro ?

-Gunnar

Back to the top