[gemini-dev] Gemini DBAccess: MySQL Support

I have submitted a DBAcccess version that contains support of MySQL. The artifacts and update site can be found here:

https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/gemini-dbaccess-1.1-snapshot/
https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/gemini-dbaccess-1.1-snapshot/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/trunk/gemini.dbaccess.updatesite/target/site/

Because of the MySQL license, I haven't included the JDBC driver of MySQL. That means, you have to download it yourself and make it part of your target definition. Please do not select the option "Include required software" when you add the DBAccess Software Site to your target definition. Otherwise the import will complain about the missing dependencies.

The project has been refactored: There is now a util bundle that contains the part common to the MySQL and the Derby support. If that is not feasible, we need to think of a way to re-package the bundles.

There are still various bits and pieces that could be improved. For example, DBAccess could be using tycho 0.13, the osgi.enterprise API could be referenced instead of being included in the update site, ... Also it might be useful to create a separate Derby feature and MySQL feature instead of having a single one.

Please let me know what your priorities are, and/or raise a bug.

Best Regards,
  Juergen

Back to the top