Re: [geclipse-user] IE required plugins

Thanks for your replies Thomas and Ariel.

The quick fix suggested by Thomas seems to work. Now i can browse the Instrument Managers and perform transitions & commands.
Anyhow, are u planning to extend the IE plugins in the near future (for example increasing the usability by creating an UI similar to the Jobs Descriptor Editor) ? Do u think it would be possible to define a workflow diagram (i know this part is under heavy development) that includes the Instrumentation Services ? As i told u in the previous mail, i'm working on DORII project with the aim of simulating a virtual laboratory. It would be very useful to plan and schedule (with a workflow) all the steps of a scientific experiment, starting from the data acquired by sensors.

Thanks, best regards, A.S.

Hi

Please try the latest nightly build instead. I think that the IE service
plugins are not yet in the RC version (only the sub-category for that
type of service).

sadly not, the IE plugins are still not integrated in the build!
    IIRC, last time when i tried to do that (ages ago, before my holidays,
the review, the deliverables... ;-P) i stumbled onto some issue with the
dependencies, axis if i am not mistaken...
(and of course now i cannot find the corresponding email... )

Well, in this case I can - as quick fix, till we get that axis thing sorted
out - give you the two additional plugins compiled on my machine. Just copy
those two files:
http://www.mnm-team.org/~koecker/eu.geclipse.instrumentation_1.0.0.200904021541.jar
http://www.mnm-team.org/~koecker/eu.geclipse.instrumentation.ui_1.0.0.200904021541.jar
into your plugins directory of your Eclipse installation.

As I mentioned before there could be problems with the wizard not recognizing
values and there are no commands and transitions via http.

Cheers,
Thomas