Re: [geclipse-dev] VTK + java

Hi Ariel, all,
Uhmm... from what i understand then it is a bug that we are hitting only the newer VTK version 5.2.0?

I guess you had other reasons for updating VTK, but it is a bad tradeoff ;-P Does anybody have a strong opinion on this?
Actually I've experienced crashes with the previous VTK version as well if the "non-fitting" jre was used. And seeing that awkward behaviour that Thomas described it really seems that at this point we can hardly guarantee that there will never be problems. The VTK libraries have been compiled with JRE1.5 so theoretically it should be 1.5 compliant.
Anyway, I'd prefer if we stay with the updated libraries.
UCY or RUR have Mac, could some of you guys do a quick test of the srs3d functionality?
I will add a page in the testing wiki on how to test this.

Sylva

Back to the top