Re: [geclipse-dev] VTK + java

Hi

Am Wednesday 29 October 2008 16:34:13 schrieb Ariel Garcia:
> Hi Thomas, all,
>
> txs for your fast answer :)
>
> > I've tried to make some work around (Invoke some AWT stuff so that the
> > AWT Threads (there are three of them), get initialised before starting
> > VTK, but I was not really successful).
> >
> > > Up to now we are always Java 5 compatible, and i don't think we want
> > > to drop that!
> >
> > Well, yes, I do not know what to to best there.
>
> Uhmm... from what i understand then it is a bug that we are hitting only
> the newer VTK version 5.2.0?

Yes

> I guess you had other reasons for updating VTK, but it is a bad
> tradeoff ;-P  Does anybody have a strong opinion on this?

We are working on support for reading NetCDF files, there is an application in
DORII, that uses NetCDF, might have use for the VTK visualisation. There is
an external NetCDF reader which we still have to integrate and it is better
to have a recent VTK version for that.

> OK, could you please --at least for now-- document that issue in
> the "Known-issues" of the VTK plugin? Txs.

Sylva already added that.

> > > Another unrelated q'n:  javax.media.j3d  has currently fragments for
> > > linux 32/64 and windows 32/64. What about Mac?
> >
> > On the Java3d package for Mac on the Java3D page does not contain any
> > native libraries. Either the required stuff is already included in the
> > Mac Java VM or they don't have working builts. We have nor Mac here
> > where we could test.
>
> UCY or RUR have Mac, could some of you guys do a quick test of the srs3d
> functionality?

Cheers,
Thomas

Back to the top