Re: [geclipse-dev] VTK + java

Hi again,

I got your 2nd mail first, so you get a 2nd reply ;)

Am Wednesday 29 October 2008 15:12:49 schrieb Ariel Garcia:
> Hi Sylva,
>
> i've noticed your commit comment
>
> "Updated vtk libs to the latest (5.2) version. Reguires jre1.6 execution
> env due to a bug in java!"

See my previous mail.

> in the latest chek-in for org.vtk stuff.
>
> Does this mean that now the VTK suff will not work with JREs 1.5 anymore?
> This would be really a pitty, isn't there any other way around?

I've tried to make some work around (Invoke some AWT stuff so that the AWT
Threads (there are three of them), get initialised before starting VTK, but I
was not really successful).

> Up to now we are always Java 5 compatible, and i don't think we want to
> drop that!

Well, yes, I do not know what to to best there.

> Another unrelated q'n:  javax.media.j3d  has currently fragments for  linux
> 32/64 and windows 32/64. What about Mac?

On the Java3d package for Mac on the Java3D page does not contain any native
libraries. Either the required stuff is already included in the Mac Java VM
or they don't have working builts. We have nor Mac here where we could test.

> BTW: i updated the plugin-version to 1.5.2.qualifier, these should reflect
> the version of the libs inside, i hope i got them right :)

Cheers,
Thomas

Back to the top