Re: [geclipse-dev] VTK + java

Am Wednesday 29 October 2008 15:19:32 schrieb Ariel Garcia:
> > Does this mean that now the VTK suff will not work with JREs 1.5
>
> same with org.srs3d.viewer, it has
> Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: JavaSE-1.6

I changed it to 1.5 (the setting was wrong).

The new VTK version does basically not require 1.6. But due to a bug in Java
1.5 your VM will most likely crash if you try with this version (If you know
how to do you can make it work there too - in my case it crashes (segfault)
if I try to open a local rendering after starting g-Eclipse, if I do a remote
rendering before which initialises Java2D and some internal stuff in the
native part in AWT then the local rendering works). This behaviour might be
different on different patch-levels of the Java VM or different platforms.
Basically its very likely a bug in the AWT native stuff.

Cheers,
Thomas

Back to the top