Re: [epp-dev] Java package

Am 05.05.2014 um 17:26 schrieb Mike Milinkovich <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On 05/05/2014 11:16 AM, Gunnar Wagenknecht wrote:
>> I do think that’s an important signal that our top-offered package is the one for extending the Eclipse IDE. It’s shameless self-promotion but a really important driver (IMHO).
>
> Hmmm. Not sure if I agree with that. There has to be at least a couple orders of magnitude more developers looking for our Java tools, as opposed to writing Eclipse IDE plug-ins. Shouldn't our focus be on improving the experience of our "customers“?

I don’t see this as a conflict - there a couple of ways for improvement:

- enhancing the Standard package with essential things Java developers need anyway (434131, 434132)
- rename Standard package to something else and promote Java package instead as top choice
- merge Java into Standard and promote the combined as top choice
- …

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht