Re: [epp-dev] status update ... and Hudson

2009/5/27 David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
> > Is there a reason the epp-repository-build is not specified in the
> > Technology tab? Is it somewhere else?
>
> No, this is a mistake. It's currently only in the 'All' tab.
> I will ask the webmasters to change this.

I added it ... not sure if I have super permissions :) or if anyone can.

You *must* have super permissions because I cannot do that.
Thanks for adding the job to the Technology tab!

> > Also, I'm in no rush, but eventually we may want to tie the "promote
> > staging" job to triggering a package build?
>
> I had similar thoughts but I wanted to run it a few times manually.
> On the other hand... I changed my mind this morning and added some
> dependencies to both jobs.

This is good. I happened to notice just now that the epp repo build
started running after the
packaging build had started and while it was still running. If I heard you
right, this does
no good. You might want to look into defining a "lock" so that only one of
your
epp jobs will run at a time? (And/or remember you can 'cancel' a job
that's running
if you know it'd using "old" data and will fail or have to be re-done. )

Yes, I knew that my own work would break the other build. Removing and rebuilding the repo while another build process consumes its content is not a very good idea.
The package build script had its own locking-mechanism but I removed it now and switched over to the new epp-lock which is probably better and easier to use.

I'm not sure positive, but the locks may have to be defined by an "admin"
... for the whole system, basically.

So, I went ahead and defined one named "epp-lock". That way, if you decide
to use it, it will be there.

If you do use it, let me know and I may add it to my "promote to staging"
job and
see what happens. As we discussed on phone, the promotion is actually
"manual" from committer id, but
I added a Hudson job to "lock" other jobs, so a new build won't start up
at the same time I'm doing the
promote ... and that's where'd I could add the epp lock too.

Thanks. The epp-lock is now added to both EPP jobs.

Markus

Back to the top