Re: [epp-dev] status update ... and Hudson

> > Is there a reason the epp-repository-build is not specified in the
> > Technology tab? Is it somewhere else?
>
> No, this is a mistake. It's currently only in the 'All' tab.
> I will ask the webmasters to change this.

I added it ... not sure if I have super permissions :) or if anyone can.

> > Also, I'm in no rush, but eventually we may want to tie the "promote
> > staging" job to triggering a package build?
>
> I had similar thoughts but I wanted to run it a few times manually.
> On the other hand... I changed my mind this morning and added some
> dependencies to both jobs.

This is good. I happened to notice just now that the epp repo build
started running after the
packaging build had started and while it was still running. If I heard you
right, this does
no good. You might want to look into defining a "lock" so that only one of
your
epp jobs will run at a time? (And/or remember you can 'cancel' a job
that's running
if you know it'd using "old" data and will fail or have to be re-done. )

I'm not sure positive, but the locks may have to be defined by an "admin"
... for the whole system, basically.

So, I went ahead and defined one named "epp-lock". That way, if you decide
to use it,
it will be there.

If you do use it, let me know and I may add it to my "promote to staging"
job and
see what happens. As we discussed on phone, the promotion is actually
"manual" from committer id, but
I added a Hudson job to "lock" other jobs, so a new build won't start up
at the same time I'm doing the
promote ... and that's where'd I could add the epp lock too.

Back to the top