Re: [epp-dev] EPP automated build, first incarnation

Markus Knauer wrote:
Here are question 2 and 3:

- I started an EPP build with the newly generated repository and the Galileo repo and it seems to end up as an all-in-one package (should be: CPP only package). Is there an error in the dependency generation? If I am doing a product export and generate my p2 repository 'the old way' I don't have this problem.

The builder should not generate any dependencies (aside from the ones extending from the topmost feature), so I doubt that. I need to look closer what your EPP build does. What's the fastest track to a debugable session?

- Would it be possible (or maybe helpful?) to move the feature dependencies in the feature from 'requires' to 'includes'? We talked about this before.
We did. But since we talked, I discovered a consequence of using 'includes'. The ability to define a version range goes away. With that, you also loose the ability to update the feature once it's installed. So perhaps it's better to stick with the 'requires'?

- thomas

Back to the top