Re: [epp-dev] EPP automated build, first incarnation

Markus Knauer wrote:
Thanks, Thomas! That is great. I tried it immediately and had a p2 repository with all EPP bundles and features in just a few minutes! After this success here are the first questions...

It generated the feature/ and plugins/ directory, but when I am exporting the .product manually I also export it for different platforms which results in an additional binary/ directory with the zip's that include the eclipse executable etc. (e.g. binary/epp.package.reporting_root.cocoa.macosx.x86_1.0.0)

In the end the content of those is the same as in the files distributed by the platform team (e.g. org.eclipse.equinox.executable_root.cocoa.macosx.x86_3.3.200.v20090429-1630-7M-Fm-FI3UouOdfuhJyz-z0c).

Are those binaries really necessary or can they be omitted (like you do it in your build)?

More questions will follow soon... building a package right now.

Given what will follow, those binaries are not strictly necessary. They do however stem from an 'included' feature and the build cannot produce an incomplete repository just yet. I intend to improve this so that the actual site generation can filter things present in other repositories. The fact that this doesn't happen right now shouldn't matter much though, since it will happen in the next step. The Galileo builder will automatically discard everything that is present in the platform distribution.

- thomas

Back to the top