Re: [epp-dev] EPP packages containing Incubating projects (IMPORTANT)

Ed,
We're sorry that this issue strikes you as ridiculous, but in fact the Board directed us (the Foundation staff) to ensure that anyone who downloaded something that contained incubating code would be very aware of that fact (see Board minutes http://www.eclipse.org/org/foundation/boardminutes/2006_12_13-14_Abridged_Minutes.pdf). If you'd like to have the Board change the policy, we would be more than happy to follow the new policy. Until that time, we have to follow through on labeling downloads with "incubation".

- Bjorn

Ed Merks wrote:

This whole issue strikes me as ridiculous. The incubation thing is primarily an issue about parallel IP and the degree to which all due diligence requires are met by a particular download. Yet all these components have been fully reviewed and have fully complied with all the foundation's stringent and time consuming processes. There is no reason that anyone downloading the modeling package needs to have concerns about the IP in that package and hence no reason to add ridiculously pointless incubation terminology to the package itself.

--

[end of message]

Back to the top