RE: [epp-dev] EPP packages containing Incubating projects (IMPORTANT)

Without comment on the merits of this debate in general, I would like to point out that I believe this statement below to be false. Incubation was originally created to improve our development process and to make it clear that new projects at Eclipse had to work towards independent operation. The inclusion of distinct IP processes for Incubators occurred after the notion was implemented in the development process. I do not want the notion that Incubation is entirely about IP to take hold. Because it is simply not true.

You may now return to your debate on how ridiculous we are J

The incubation thing is primarily an issue about parallel IP and the degree to which all due diligence requires are met by a particular download.

Back to the top