[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
Re: [epf-dev] Alternative for "whole team"

What about "Team self-organization" ? ... that is a know name in the agile community

Ana

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 5:23 AM, Per Kroll <pkroll@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

the reason I suggested that we change to something different that Whole Team is that I always need to explain what the practice is about...
I think that "Harmonious Initiative' will need no less explaining...

I think that something like "Team Collaboration" would be more descriptive...

Cheers

  /Per
_____________________________________________
Per Kroll
STSM, Chief Architect
IBM Rational Expertise Development & Innovation (REDI)
Project Lead: Eclipse Process Framework
(M) 408-219-2963   |   pkroll@xxxxxxxxxx
_____________________________________________



"Steve Adolph" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/07/2008 01:53 AM

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List        <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

To
"'Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List'" <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [epf-dev] Alternative for "whole team"





Ironic that you say that because the term comes from the USMC Warfighting
Manual. :-)

Oh by the way, here is the paper I was suppose to attach to the original
e-mail.

best regards,
Steve Adolph

-----Original Message-----
From: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Scott W. Ambler
Sent: Saturday, July 05, 2008 4:15 AM
To: Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List
Subject: Re: [epf-dev] Alternative for "whole team"

I like "harmonious initiative" but it sounds sort of Maoist in a way.

- Scott
On Fri, July 4, 2008 7:06 pm, Steve Adolph said:
> Hello everyone:
>
>
>
> During Wednesday's  committers telecon  I piped off about a German word
> for
> whole team  - unfortunately the word I was thinking of "Einheit"
> translates
> more towards unity or trust than what we intend with whole team. However,
> another phrase I was thinking of is "harmonious initiative" . This term is
> one used by the UMSC to describe effective decentralized command. I
> presented a research paper describing harmonious initiative at Agile 2005.
> I've attached a copy of the paper to this paper for your reading enjoyment
> :-)
>
>
>
> Chat with you all next week.
>
>
>
> best regards,
>
> Steve Adolph
>
> _______________________________________________
> epf-dev mailing list
> epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
> https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/epf-dev
>


Practice Leader Agile Development, IBM Rational
http://www.ibm.com/software/rational/leadership/leaders/#scott
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/ambler
http://www.ambysoft.com/onlineWritings.html

_______________________________________________
epf-dev mailing list
epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/epf-dev
[attachment "agilepaper2005.pdf" deleted by Per Kroll/Cupertino/IBM] _______________________________________________


_______________________________________________
epf-dev mailing list
epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/epf-dev