Re: [epf-dev] Collaboration Norms for Scrum Content

Thanks for the insight, and I will start using this list for those seeding discussions.

Cheers,
-Lyndon-

On 4/13/07, Ricardo Balduino < balduino@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Lyndon, this list is the right place to start :-)

In a nutshell, the process is to use this list for any development discussions, either for content or source code. You want to address specific bugs and enhancements via Bugzilla, where discussion can happen and you can attach any content/code for inclusion in the base. Committers discuss and move things to CVS as appropriate. Today we have one placeholder for content discussions in Bugzilla, so you may want put a prefix in the summary of a bug such as "Scrum - ", so we know that applies to Scrum plug-in. Same for the epf-dev list, you may want to put a prefix on the subject line.
If we have (hopefully) an exponential growth of plug-ins and discussions around them, we can think of creating new discussion lists and components in Bugzilla.

An alternative we are experimenting now is leveraging the use of Wiki technology to enable contribution and collaboration. You can find the Scrum (translated from French to English) content available at: http://www.epfwiki.net

That being said, please raise a bug in Bugzilla and/or start interacting with the Wiki, and let's discuss what you are proposing for the Scrum plug-in.

Quick answer to your question on where to add phases and activities: you want to add those as capability patterns to assemble a delivery process. Eventually you need to create or tweak an existing custom category to include the delivery process, so it shows up on the treebrowser when you publish the content.

I invite others to chime in for more ideas on how the Scrum plug-in can evolve.

Ricardo Balduino
Senior Software Engineer

IBM Rational Software (www.ibm.com/rational)
Eclipse Process Framework (www.eclipse.org/epf)

"Lyndon Washington" <hoshposh@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/13/2007 10:46 AM

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List        <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List" <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[epf-dev] Collaboration Norms for Scrum Content

Greetings,

I have noticed that for the OpenUP content there appears to be some established process in place to ensure that discussion about the different parts of the methodology or process are raised and work is distributed.

Are there such established practices for the Scrum plugin?  If not, anyone interested in establishing them, even if it means taking the OpenUP practices and using that as a starting point.

What do I have to discuss?  Well, I want to expand the content to include the Scrum phases and activities.  Scrum phases are Plannin, Staging, Developing and Releasing.

Where would I add those in the method plugin?  Would I add new method content (i.e. content packages, categories), or would I add it in the process portion (i.e. delivery process or capability pattern)?

Many thanks,
-Lyndon-