Re: [epf-dev] Architect as supporting role to design_solution

At 06:59 AM 4/8/2006, you wrote:

I agree that architecture is an input workproduct.
I don' think that we should be recommending that design is done without reference to the architecture - surely that's bad practice?

In the agile world, the architecture often emerges over time. Architecture is definitely considered optional.

At http://www.agilemodeling.com/essays/amdd.htm I've written about how some agilists will do architectural modeling early in a project, but on the other hand some choose not to.

So, arguably, there might not even be an architecture model/document to ignore on some teams. ;-)

- Scott

Scott W. Ambler  :-)
Senior Consultant, Ambysoft Inc.
www.ambysoft.com/scottAmbler.html