Re: [epf-dev] OPEN Process Framework Repository

Peter,
I encounter a couple of problems:
1) The editor windows on the right do not have a save or save all button anywhere. I must click on the x on the window tab. It asks me if I want to save the changes and I say yes. They are available to look at and update until I decide to exit the tool. The save, save as, and save all choices under the file drop down menu bar are all grayed and disabled. When is the save choice to be used if everything is supposedly saved as you go? 2) When I try to find my method library using the open method library selection, it is not there and I get the IUPL0300E: Unable to open the specified method library error. I look in the appropriate method library file folders and although the plugin.xmi file is there, the actual roles, tasks, etc. are not.

Maybe I should just uninstall and then reinstall the entire program. Also, the user interface to begin work on a method plug-in is too much concerned with the file structure. The user should be able to pick from a list of available method plug-ins. Why should the user know or care about file location at this time? It merely creates the possibility that the user looses the files or gets confused as to what he/she is looking for or where. This seems to be another example of a user-interface that is more oriented towards the tool developer than the tool user.
:-(
Don Firesmith
OPFRO Chair

Peter Haumer wrote:

Oh dear. Can you provide us with more details on what you did and what kind of information got lost?

In general, changes in the tree browser are saved immediately. The editors that open on the right need to be saved with the save or save all button. There was a pasting bug in the past, but I thought it was already fixed: when you just pasted text into the RTE, saved, and closed, the pasted stuff would not be saved. You had to manually type something after the paste operation to make the editor "feel dirty" and save the changes. Kelvin, is that bug still present in the EPF version?

Thanks and best regards,
Peter Haumer.

Rational Software | IBM Software Group
PETER HAUMER, Dr. rer. nat.
RUP Development, Cupertino, CA
Tel/Fax: +1 408 863-8716

*Donald Firesmith <dgf@xxxxxxxxxxx>*
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/01/2006 09:47
Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

	Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
	Re: [epf-dev] OPEN Process Framework Repository

I have created a sample method plug-in with method content, but the tool
will not let me save it.  I lost several hours of work because I thought
the tool was saving as I went.  Why will the tool not let me save a
method plug-in's content?
Don Firesmith
OPFRO Chair