Re: [egit-dev] Google Summer of Code (GSOC) Participation

On 03/16/2010 05:04 PM, Shawn O. Pearce wrote:
Yes.  This along with some other stuff might also be a full GSoC
project, where "other stuff" doesn't include rename detection.

If I understand you correctly, "other stuff" can be "improvements in
UI", so we can split up GSOC project into two parts (as a GOSC has
a two evaluations checkpoints). In first part (from first May to mid
June) I could work on UI and in second (rest of GSOC time) on
stashing.

I think you have some great ideas.  Just doing 2 and 3 is going to
be biting off a lot.  You should decide which you want to work on,
rename detection, or UI features that are going to immediately
benefit common users.

In my opinion the biggest benefit for Eclipse, Git and of course
EGit/JGit will make some UI improvements. I personally know many
developers that would like to use git but they don't migrate their
repositories to Git cause of lack of support in their loved IDE with
is Eclipse.

For me the ideal situation would be if I could connect both things
(UI features and core JGit modifications) in one project. This gives
me great overview on Eclipse/Java git support and also on Git.

Maybe we can discus stashing and UI features more detailed in
private ?

--
Best regards

GSM: +48 695 192 160