Re: [egit-dev] list culling CC addresses

Johannes Schindelin <Johannes.Schindelin@xxxxxx> wrote:
P.S.: Could somebody configure this list so it does not cull the Cc: list?
Mailman is configured to accept the mailing list in the To: or Cc: address. Are you sure this is the problem you're seeing? Could you please forward me the rejection message just to confirm?

That would be just awesome.
I think that is a feature of the Eclipse project environment.

By culling the CC list, you are encouraged to stay subscribed to
the list and follow all discussion in the community, rather than
jumping in on only the things you actually care about.
Coincidentally, this issue was brought to my attention by someone who was "following all the discussion in the community"...

*grumble* *grumble*

If you don't like it, you can try opening a bug against community[1]
in component MailingLists, but I doubt it will get you very far.
I'm not sure why you say that -- I think we are fairly responsive and open-minded when working with the individual needs of ~1000 committers. If this list is not working the way you think it should, we will attempt to fix it. Speak up -- you may be pleasantly surprised :-)

Denis

Back to the top