Re: [egit-dev] Google Summer of Code (GSOC) Participation

On 03/08/2010 07:37 PM, Dariusz Luksza wrote:
* add tagging support
* add merging support
* add stash support
* add branch/tags comparing support

After some investigations I've choose 3 features (order in list
is important):

1. UI for tagging - this is rather trivial task, but IMHO it good
   to start playing EGit/JGit sources

2. rename detection - it is rather intermediate level. Right now
   JGit (and also EGit) has support for branch renaming and as  I
   see it, it can be also used for file rename/move detection

3. add core and UI support for stashing - this feature should be
   implemented almost from scratch because JGit does not contains
   support for stash.

What you thing about that list ? Isn't it to ambitious (or maybe
to easy) for GSOC?

Maybe somebody want to discus this ideas more detailed (eg. person
who want to be a mentor) ?

--
Best regards

GSM: +48 695 192 160