Re: [egit-dev] GitClipse?

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 8:27 PM, Chris Aniszczyk wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 7:12 PM, Johannes Schindelin wrote:
>> Not wanting to sound harsh, but Open Source is not only about being nice,
>> it is also about proving your being superior to, and more compentent than,
>> anybody else.
>
> I think slightly differently and would rather cooperate than not.
> Sure, the best project will win in the end but if you can cooperate
> you save yourself from politics.

Screw saving yourself from politics, what about saving yourself from
work?  Getting the most bang for the buck, as it were?

Politics suck of course, but there's some really good reasons to team
up (that's what OS is for me-- a super-team type deal, potentially
unlimited contributions, etc.).

> We had problems in the past at Eclipse with two competing SVN team
> providers and I don't want to see that happen again.

That whole deal was super-lame.  Subclipse FTW!  =]p

:DeN

--
A strong passion for any object will ensure success, for the desire of
the end will point out the means.

Back to the top