Re: [egit-dev] Gerrit problem

2010/3/3 Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@xxxxxxxxx>
On Mar 3, 2010, at 22:43, Shawn O. Pearce wrote:

Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The new patch history in the diff display which allows to compare several
patch sets for the same change is brilliant :-)

Been there for a very, very, very long time, over a year now.
Did you just discover it today?  Wow.  I guess that is not an
obvious feature...

I didn't know it existed for quite a long time, despite wanting it. I think I even filed an enhancement request, only to find out that it was already there. I think the problem is it's not clear that that information is stored if you expand the tree at that point. Perhaps a simple label would help, like 'compare against other patches...'

Strange, I never recognized that it is there until today when I looked a bit longer, I really missed it and used http://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/Contributor_Guide#To_compare_bulk_diffs_using_Git without recognizing that it's also
pointing at this feature : "you want to be able to do diffs between them via (command line) git instead of browsing on the web"

--
Matthias

Back to the top