Re: [egit-dev] GitHub Mylyn Connector?

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 8:13 PM, Shawn O. Pearce <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> 2010/2/9 Chris Aniszczyk <zx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> > Anyone against me trying to push for the GitHub connector to be hosted at
>> > EGit?
>> >
>> > http://greensopinion.blogspot.com/2010/02/good-things-come-in-threes.html
>> >
>> > I think it makes sense, we could expand our scope a bit.
>> >

>> I couldn't find any link to EGit/JGit yet, to me it looks like a Mylyn
>> connector to Github's issue tracker.
>> Wouldn't that then fit better to Mylyn ? Or do I miss something here ?
>
> ACK, I agree.

If Mylyn doesn't accept the connector than I would like to have its
home at EGit. I wouldn't mind EGit to become the place for Git related
projects at Eclipse. Sure, we focus on strictly putting a face on JGit
which is great. However, there are a lot of GitHub folks who would
like a clean experience within the IDE (ok, maybe not for Shawn, but
he's my hero for still using mutt ;p)

Cheers,

--
Chris Aniszczyk | EclipseSource Austin | +1 860 839 2465
http://twitter.com/eclipsesource | http://twitter.com/caniszczyk

Back to the top