Re: [egit-dev] GitHub Mylyn Connector?

Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2010/2/9 Chris Aniszczyk <zx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> > Anyone against me trying to push for the GitHub connector to be hosted at
> > EGit?
> >
> > http://greensopinion.blogspot.com/2010/02/good-things-come-in-threes.html
> >
> > I think it makes sense, we could expand our scope a bit.
> >

> I couldn't find any link to EGit/JGit yet, to me it looks like a Mylyn
> connector to Github's issue tracker.
> Wouldn't that then fit better to Mylyn ? Or do I miss something here ?

ACK, I agree.

> > I was planning on making a connector for Gerrit once I figure out how
> > to call its API :)
>
> Here I can clearly see the connection with both EGit and Mylyn. We also plan
> to do something
> in that direction, so we could join forces here :)

Yup, I also agree.

Gerrit's remote API is basically a native git protocol over SSH.
Where it isn't... it should be.  Review data should actually be
git notes, shipped over the wire using the native git protocol.

I'm in favor of supporting more detailed Git servers within EGit.
E.g. I'd also support a rich editor for Gitosis configuration
files, or gitolite configuration files.  I'm not going to write
these myself as I don't use either, but if someone showed up with
the code I'd +1 it as "within our project purpose".

Yes, the line is a bit fuzzy.  Issue tracker connectors reside
in Mylyn and not in their SCM-friend counterparts.  Interfaces or
extensions that are just layered on top of normal Git probably belong
in EGit.  Just my $0.02 USD.  Which is worth what, 0.000001 Euros.

:-)

--
Shawn.

Back to the top