Re: [egit-dev] jgit and eclipse meta-data.

Thomas Hallgren wrote:
On 2010-01-08 16:35, Shawn O. Pearce wrote:
Thomas Hallgren<thomas@xxxxxxx>  wrote:
So in essence, any user that wants to bring jgit into their workspace
and just compile it using a normal workspace build it will henceforth be
forced to also install m2eclipse?
If you want me to check in .project and .classpath files, yes.

That makes it hard for us (an I guess for other Eclipse projects as well) to use this bundle in other forms than as a binary. Our automated build is not based on Maven and it assumes that the source bundles that are checked out have necessary files such as the manifest present. I guess that any build based on PDE or Athena will have similar problems.

Is there really no other solution to this problem?

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top