Re: [egit-dev] test m2e build with OSGi support

Matthias Sohn wrote:

I tried using freshly installed 3.6 M4 on Windows XP using Sun VM 1.6.0_17-b04. Project files have proper natures and builders and Eclipse build for all projects succeeds.

What doesn't work is Export Feature (right click) on project org.eclipse.egit-feature it seems

I did not really think about export from IDE, to be honest. I always use
Tycho on cli for my packaging needs (and PDE export was not very
reliable for me in the past).

not to find jgit. Same problem if I try to start EGit from Run Configuration, this fails with

eclipse.buildId=I20091210-1301
java.version=1.6.0_17
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=de_DE
Framework arguments:  -product org.eclipse.sdk.ide
Command-line arguments: -product org.eclipse.sdk.ide -data C:\data\ide\helios/../runtime-EclipseApplication -dev file:C:/data/ide/helios/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/Eclipse Application/dev.properties -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -consoleLog

This works for me on Linux and I just checked it works in my winxp vm
both with e351 and e36m4. To narrow down the problem, can you check few
things for me (in no particular order)...

* can you confirm this happens with fresh eclipse install after
importing jgit/egit into a fresh workspace? if not, can you try with
fresh eclipse install and workspace?

* any other interesting messages in eclipse .log of the test workspace?
Especially things like bundle activation failures and bundle
classloading timeouts.

* can you check Plug-ins tab of the Eclipse Application launch
configuration. it should say "Launch with all workspace and enabled
target platform plugins".

* does
C:/data/ide/helios/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/Eclipse
Application/dev.properties contain entries for jgit projects?

* can you confirm you see the problem with up-todate copies of
egit.eclipse.org/jgit.git and egit.eclipse.org/egit.git?

I also tried to upgrade m2e in my 3.5.1 but this failed, I'll retry after uninstalling the older m2e version
and reinstalling [1].

Thanks a lot for your support :)

Do you already have SCM support for this m2e version so that we could do
File > Import > Maven > Maven Projects from SCM ?
Then we could avoid CLI to clone the repos (I prefer dog fooding as early as possible).

There is some git support in m2e. I never tried it myself but heard it was not very good. From what I know, it uses some old version of maven-scm framework, which delegates to cli git to do actual work. We plan to eventually replace it with EGit integration, but, frankly, EGit is not ready yet.

Igor

Back to the top