[egit-dev] test m2e build with OSGi support

I pushed m2e build with OSGi support to repository.sonatype.org and you
can install it from [1]. I tested jgit/egit import on linux with eclipse
3.6M4 and winxp using eclipse 3.5.1. I plan to include OSGi support in
the next m2e 0.9.9 dev build, but we'll see how it goes.

As I mentioned earlier, there are couple of known problems with m2e/osgi
support. I consider them minor inconveniences but your opinion may vary.

Specifically,

* On Windows I had to set core.hideDotFiles=false before cloning egit on
cli. Otherwise project import would fail with Access Denied Error
updating .project files. I do not use Windows much, so I don't know
whether this was expected.

* I had to run (right-click) PDE_Tools->Update_Classpath... on egit
projects after import and clean build of all projects after that to get
rid of red problem markers. This is only necessary after initial import
and we need dig deeper into pde to see if there is anything we can do
from m2e end to fix this. (any PDE developers around here who can help?)

* JGit bundle manifest is re-generated during full/clean build only. To
make manifest generation work during incremental builds, we need to look
more closely at BND. Luckily, bundle manifests do not change too often
and they can be regenerated manually by running Project->Clean... when
needed.

Give it a try and let me know if anything needs to be improved or fixed.

[1]
http://repository.sonatype.org/content/sites/forge-sites/m2e/m2eclipse-tycho-201001081647/

Igor

Back to the top