Re: [egit-dev] jgit and eclipse meta-data.

On 2010-01-08 16:35, Shawn O. Pearce wrote:
Thomas Hallgren<thomas@xxxxxxx>  wrote:
So in essence, any user that wants to bring jgit into their workspace
and just compile it using a normal workspace build it will henceforth be
forced to also install m2eclipse?
If you want me to check in .project and .classpath files, yes.

Maybe I'm just really annoyed from adding a pile of dependencies just
to run Jetty inside of JUnit tests, but maintaining two different
classpaths and acquiring all of the resources needed to run the
test suite is a huge pain.  Maven at least automates all of that.

Not sure why that is. Did you ping Henrik about the "data molester" stuff that we use for testing network traffic in p2?

  http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/egit-dev/msg00537.html

Perhaps the approach taken there would remove a lot of your grief.

Jetty... I couldn't even find their P2 update site to install their
plugins into my Eclipse workspace.  But their in Maven central and
Maven knows how to use it out of the box.

AFAIK, all the jetty bundles are in Orbit. The p2 update site is here:

http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/R20090825191606/updateSite

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top