Re: [egit-dev] How to build [EJ]Git?

Hi All, I am new here (and new to [e/j]git and eclipse plugins as well).

The company I am working for is trying to migrate from subversion to
git, so I have to do some work on egit/jgit plugin to implement some
missing things that are required (i.e. http push)

I also had troubles importing egit/jgit into eclipse.
This is what I did:

$ cd ~/workspace/
$ git clone http://egit.eclipse.org/egit.git
$ git clone http://egit.eclipse.org/jgit.git

~/workspace/jgit$ mvn eclipse:eclipse
~/workspace/jgit$ mvn package

eclipse>File>Import>Existing Projects into workspace>Directory:~/workspace/jgit
eclipse>File>Import>Existing Projects into workspace>Directory:~/workspace/egit

In eclipse I still had broken stuff (compilation errors), so I had to
cleanup/refresh/close/reopen the projects a couple of times.

from eclipse:
select all project>refresh>clean>close all>refresh all>clean all

finally I ended up with a working stuff.

But when exporting the deployable plugins, the jgit one
(org.eclipse.jgit_0.6.0.SNAPSHOT.jar) was not ok: instead of
containing the .class files it was an archive of the entire project,
so eclipse was failing to use it; so I had to replace it manually in
the eclipse/plugins folder.

--Luigi

Back to the top