Re: [egit-dev] How to build [EJ]Git?

Hi Robin,
Would you be interested in what Buckminster could do to build egit/jgit? We build it the same way headlessly as it is built in your workspace. No manifest generation etc. is needed.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

On 2010-01-06 13:14, Robin Rosenberg wrote:
onsdagen den 6 januari 2010 05.10.37 skrev  Igor Fedorenko:
Robin,

You should be able to import egit as existing eclipse projects into
workspace, unless I am missing something.

Things get little bit more interesting if you want to have both jgit and
egit projects in the same workspace. In order to trick PDE to consider
jgit projects you need to do two things. First, you need to generate
bundle manifests by running jgit CLI build. Second, you need to add PDE
nature to o.e.jgit and o.e.jgit.junit projects. You may have to
regenerate manifests after significant changes (new dependencies), but
hopefully this won't be needed too often.
This is not really an acceptable procedure. It's ten steps backwards to what
we had a short while ago.

-- robin