Re: [egit-dev] [RFC] Talk on EGit/JGit at EclipseCon

I think a talk is a great idea guys. However, I think we can go a step
further with a tutorial too.

I would like to see a Git Tutorial at EclipseCon introducing people to
Git and EGit. I believe this is required as we roll out Git to the
Eclipse community. The goal will be two fold: introduce Git/EGit to
Eclipse and create material that we can put on the EGit site that
anyone can use to learn EGit. There are still a lot of people in the
Eclipse community coming from a CVS/SVN background so I think this
tutorial is crucial for the further success of the project.

If people agree, I would like to move this forward. I don't mind
taking the lead on it if a couple of EGit people would like to help
out also.

I can come up with an abstract tomorrow. We should be able to reuse
some content from the talk and the tutorial.

Thoughts?