Re: [egit-dev] tycho build

lördag 05 december 2009 21:59:47 skrev  Shawn O. Pearce:
> JGit does not pass tests on Mac OS X under Maven.  The same tests
> run fine when run from the Eclipse JUnit runner on Mac OS X, and
> pass on Linux.
>
> The failing tests are all encoding related.  This situation has
> been going on for a long time, longer than we have been hosted at
> Eclipse.org.  Although I carry a Mac OS X laptop, I have no idea
> what the hell is wrong with the tests...

I think java on MacOSX uses a "legacy" encoding of MacRoman which
is utter nonsense and that breaks our fallback when a string does not
look like UTF-8. Perhaps even line feeds are affected. If that is the
case we should define the fallback encoding in other terms than
"platform default".

Someone with a Mac can probably verify this hypothesis.

-- robin

Back to the top