Re: [egit-dev] EGit virtual server setup

Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Yes, as was pointed out, these are empty repositories, there is no
>> content in them to clone.
>
> OK. At what point will those become the master copies of the EGit/JGit
> repositories? I presume that's the plan.

Right.  The idea would be that once the code passes the parallel IP
process and is blessed for distribution, we would simply pull the
commits into the final repository.

So the history would be the same history.  Unless we had to do
a yet another rewrite because of an unexpected issue discovered
during the parallel IP review process.

> Having got the filtered history
> on the existing repo, is it a case of doing a git push to the EGit
> vserver over ssh+git for committers? I'm just curious - I have to
> rebase, and if I'm going to ahve to rebase again in the near future, it
> probably makes sense for me to wait until it's on the egit vserver.

Well, its very likely that the current parellelip-*.git repositories
will simply be merged over into the normal git repositories once we
finish the IP review.  Which means the history would be the same,
and you only would need to add a new URL to your existing repository.

I'm not expecting to do another history rewrite.

--
Shawn.

Back to the top