Re: [eclipselink-users] Long Transactions

Thanks for the idea Michael.

I was thinking of either building a list of command objects that I haven't committed or list of operations I've already done and then information to be able to rollback the changes. I'm not sure which is better but I'm thinking of the latter where reverting changes would be easier.

Mark

Michael Bar-sinai wrote:
I had a similar issue with importing things into the db (i.e only INSERT/UPDATE instructions). I kept manual track of what was inserted, which allowed me to rollback the actions on demand - basically that's the command pattern, where all the commands are persisted to the DB, and each command execution is in a single db transaction.

-Michael