[eclipselink-users] Most Efficient Query Type to read one field,

I'm trying to keep the heap small, I have an operation where a user
may need to get a list of tens thousands of strings. All I care about
are the strings, I don't care about creating entities, looking at the
wiki it looks like perhaps a DataReadQuery would be best like this:

DataReadQuery dataReadQuery = new DataReadQuery();
dataReadQuery.setSQLString("Select * from EMPLOYEE");

// queryResults is a List of DatabaseRow objects
List queryResults = (List)session.executeQuery(dataReadQuery);

But are there any other things I should know to keep performance at a
maximum for queries like this?

./tch

Back to the top