Re: [eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] The EclipseCon 2008 submission web pages and submission system are live

Thanks Bjorn, I'd like to improve my webtools description as follows. Thanks for making it clear the audience was submitters.

= = = = = = = = = =

For the Web Tools category we want submissions for two types of Eclipse developers as the audience. First, those where the audience are those interested in
creating and debugging Web Applications based on standards-oriented technologies such as XHTML, _javascript_, and Java EE Specifications (including AJAX, JSP, JSF, EJB, JPA).
Second, those where the audience are those adopters who are interested in how to extend the Web Tools Platform Project.  Feel free to consider this the default category for anything "web related" that doesn't have an obvious home else where, and we'll move it to another category if appropriate. As some examples, PHP related talks would probably be best assessed in the Tools category, and server side eclipse talks would likely go to the Platform or OSGi category.
= = = = = = = = = =

Thanks,

Bjorn Freeman-Benson <bjorn.freeman-benson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/25/2007 11:15 PM

Please respond to
Eclipsecon Program Committee list        <eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Eclipsecon Program Committee list <eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] The EclipseCon 2008 submission web pages and submission system are  live

Program Committee People,
http://www.eclipsecon.org/2008/index.php?page=submissions/

There are a few things that you need to do:

1.        Read the "Categories" section. Note that it doesn't read too well if you are someone trying to submit a proposal. The section should be instructive to our audience (potential submitters) - it should help them decide where their talk should go.
2.        Send me any changes you'd like to make to your description.
3.        Subscribe to mailing lists of submissions for your category (and other categories). Use this list of mailing lists and you want to subscribe to the lists "...categoryN". With any luck this page should be a list of the categories and the id number of each category so that you can subscribe to the correct list. (Yes, there should be a nicer user interface for this, but there isn't, so c'est la vie.)
And, of course, there is Doug's exhortation to "recruit, recruit, recruit!"
There are less than two months remaining before the November 19th submission deadline, so this is prime recruiting time.

- Bjorn

--
[end of message]