[eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] Category Diversity

Hi PC,

I’ve said this before, but I think I need to say it again more strongly.

You must recruit your category talks based on the entire category and not just your project.  If you aren’t familiar with the wider community (which is hopefully not the case with anyone here), then at a minimum you should reserve some talks for external submissions.  Filling your existing allocations with talks from your project and then begging for further allocation will reduce your chances of getting those allocations.  This is not in the spirit of diversity.

To use myself as an example:  in the Embedded/Mobile track, I do not intend to fill all slots with DSDP-related talks, even though I’m sure I have enough material to do so.  I’m looking for broader coverage of the Embedded and Mobile space than just those areas that have Eclipse projects associated with them.

Thanks,

Doug G

Back to the top