[eclipse.org-architecture-council] UK English updates to the Eclipse Foundation Development and Specification Processes

Greetings Eclipse Architecture Council!

In an effort to align with the Eclipse Foundation's European identity, I've started work to update the Eclipse Foundation Development Process and Eclipse Foundation Specification Process to use UK English. To that end, I've created draft versions (along with diff documents) of each.
  • Eclipse Foundation Development Process 1.11.1 draft and diff.
  • Eclipse Foundation Specification Process 1.3.2 draft and diff.
Note that I have only done a spelling pass. I have not yet done a more complete pass to ensure that the grammar also aligns (the grammar differences tend to be subtle, so further changes may not be necessary). Will come to you for further feedback in January.

I don't expect any of the changes with this release to change any meaning in either process. I'd like to keep these updates limited to the language change and defer any meaningful updates to a future revision.

Concurrent to these changes, I've initiated the creation of the Eclipse Vhant project as a means of "dogfooding" the evolution of the processes using the Eclipse Foundation Development Process. You can find the source for both of these in repositories in the project's GitLab group. I've created branches named "UK_English" in both. Feedback in the form of merge requests or issues on the corresponding repositories will be appreciated.

Please also feel empowered to create issues on these repositories for any future updates that you'd like to consider to either process.

Note that, while maintenance of the Eclipse Foundation Specification Process is not currently in the purview of the Eclipse Architecture Council, I still value your feedback.

My intention is to present these to the Eclipse Board of Directors for their approval in their February 2024 meeting.

Happy holidays!

Wayne

--

Wayne Beaton

Director of Open Source Projects | Eclipse Foundation

My working day may not be your working day! Please don’t feel obliged to read or reply to this e-mail outside of your normal working hours.

Back to the top