[eclipse.org-architecture-council] Dogfooding the EDP with Eclipse Vhant

Greetings Eclipse Architecture Council.

I have proposed the creation of a new project, Eclipse Vhant, as a means of "dogfooding" the maintenance of the Eclipse Foundation Development Process using the Eclipse Foundation Development Process. That is, my intention is to turn the means by which we maintain the EDP into an actual project that operates under the EDP.

I believe that this will result in little practical change in how we maintain the development process. We will still use Git issues to capture and discuss proposed updates, I expect that I will do most of the drafting to changes, and--as I discuss in the project proposal--before any changes to the development process can be adopted, those changes will still have to be approved first by the Architecture Council and then by the Board of Directors.

The proposal also... well... proposes to bring the Eclipse Foundation Specification Process and other materials related to the EDP and EFSP into its purview.

I can discuss this more during our next meeting. Or here.

Wayne
--

Wayne Beaton

Director of Open Source Projects | Eclipse Foundation

My working day may not be your working day! Please don’t feel obliged to read or reply to this e-mail outside of your normal working hours.

Back to the top