Re: [e4-dev] Integration of Scripting Languages

I agree some sort of abstraction like BSF / javax.scripting is worth looking at to avoid everyone having to roll their own "initialization" or script engine discovery story. On the other hand a good API for script execution and other integrations is much harder and I'm in the same boat as Hallvard and Hiroki and am using the native Rhino APIs to provide modularity inline with OSGi, debug and source lookup. Another concern I have specifically with using javax.scripting for _javascript_ is that by default we'd end up using the Rhino fork Sun packaged in the JRE and this version unfortunately has problems I cannot work around in it. With that said if you have concrete ideas why not open a bug. I'd be interested in working on the "script engine" discovery part of this problem.
-Simon

Inactive hide details for Hiroki Kondo ---11/29/2009 10:13:03 PM---Hi, e4 dev team. I agree Hallvard's comment!Hiroki Kondo ---11/29/2009 10:13:03 PM---Hi, e4 dev team. I agree Hallvard's comment!

Hiroki Kondo <kompiro@xxxxxxxxx>

11/29/2009 10:13 PM

Re: [e4-dev] Integration of Scripting Languages

Sent by:

e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi, e4 dev team.

I agree Hallvard's comment!

Because how do you think about Scripting Engine's native feature like
"readline history" and content completion feature. JRuby runtime engine
is supported both features.But these features are not supported in BSF
and and JSR 233 "javax.scripting" packages.
So,I need to support language-specific integration.

Regards,

https://scripting.dev.java.net/> with no real additional effort on the